Sunday, April 17, 2011

Black knit dress....

I haven't upcycled any outfits for a few weeks. 
 Here's my latest outfit....
It's a black knit dress made from my strapless 'Roxy' knit top.
 Before...
 Step 1 -  I tied some elastic onto the drawstring and pulled the string out replacing it with the elastic.
Step 2 - Make ribbon belt.
 I had a little accident yesterday.  I fell up the stairs, only I could do something that stupid, Lol!!!
Anyway, I was running to go upstairs and my foot got caught in my dress, I missed the first step and bashed my chin on the hand rail.  I thought 'that's going to leave a bruise', then I saw the blood!  I'm a theatre nurse who doesn't like blood!!!  My neck hyper extended and one side of my face went numb.  When I got to hospital I was put in a neck brace.  The xray's came back clear, no fractures. 
They stitched up the 2cm laceration on my chin and I went home. 
Today, my neck and jaw are really sore.  I can't eat because it pulls on the stitches.

This morning I got a lovely surprise... my friend Teagen dropped off some treats and magazines. 
I can still eat chocolate... it just melts in your mouth :D
Thanks Teags!

Love Nikki xx

4 comments:

Kris said...

Your site has inspired me to do my first ever upcycle! I just got my first ever sewing machine last week!

Cathryn said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds terrible. I hope you feel better soon! The black dress is so cute; great job. My daughter says I need to buy myself nicer clothes so I can upcycle them for her!

L said...

Bless your heart and bless your friend. Hope you feel better soon!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Nikki, so sorry you got hurt. Hope you are better soon. Ouch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...