Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Outfit's by Julie-Ann.....

Last week I received an email from Julie-Ann, she attached some photos of Miss H wearing her repurposed outfits, I just had to share them with you....

Hi Nikki,
Just finished a couple of other up cycled designs thought you might be interested in seeing. The first was a pink ruffled top of mine.
This was a simple change, I just took in the side seams and shoulder seams and turned it into a dress for Miss H. I then added some black leggings, black belt, black flower headband and voila!

Second design was a blue and white summer dress (with a large ugly bow at the front). This was an impulse buy that I thought I could wear (after removing the bow). In the end I decided to totally change it for Miss H.

Before....
After.....
I first cut off the straps, re sewed the top of the dress, took in the side seams, re-hemmed the dress, adjusted and sewed the straps back on and then using some of the blue fabric from the bow sewed it back on around the waist of the dress minus the bow section. This was quite a bit more involved but I was happy with the outcome of it. Matched it with a large white flower clip I made and here is the end result (refer to photo's). I have still quite a bit of fabric left over from the lower section of the original dress so I'm going to try and see what top I can make for Miss H with it too.
I'm loving your upcycles of your daughters old pumpkin patch clothes. I'm a huge fan of pumpkin patch too, and now I'm seeing what I can re-create of Miss H's pumpkin patch wardrobe so we can get a bit more value for money on the clothes.

Enjoy your day
Julz
Thanks for sharing Julie-Ann, they look great!
If you would like to be featured email me

Love Nikki xx

4 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Nikki, thanks for coming by. I keep forgetting that you changed your blog. You can link up any sewing projects, too. This party is for anything. Would love for you to share some cute stuff that you make. Lot of seamstress' look at my blog.

Rach said...

Love the repurposing of a Mum's gear - really nice blog : )

Chrambo said...

Thought I'd come and stalk you over here, thanks for the comment. You do love your re-purposing, it's great to see more people getting into it, isn't it!?

None said...

This is a gorgeous adaptation of your dress. I am constantly amazed at how clever a seamstress you are. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...